[enjoyLIFErides] Long Island Run Planned

Enjoyliferides at yunx.com Enjoyliferides at yunx.com
Tue May 3 22:35:10 CDT 2005

This may conflict with some other rides, if so please consider this an
alternative if you can't make the previously planned runs.

Date:  Saturday, May 14th, rain date Sunday the 15th

Starting point:  Summit Train Station, Union Place entrance, Summit NJ

Time:  Gather 8:00am, Depart 8:30am

Arrive with a full gas tank.  Dunkin' Donuts, Starbucks, and a Diner are
across the street from the train station.

Destination:  Montauk Point (End of South Fork of Long Island)

Should be an interesting and different type of riding day.  Route will go
through Manhattan, around Brooklyn, through The Hamptons, following the
Ocean much of the time. Although the roads are not the twisty, deserted ones
we all like, the area and scenery is impressive.  Bring lunch if you can.
The plan is to stop and eat at Montauk Point on the water.  May also take
the ferry to the North Fork and return through the farms and wineries if
there is interest.

Allow ALL DAY for this one.  Total trip should be around 300 miles with
plenty of stops.

Currently looking for a  place to meet up with LI and NYC folks too.
Suggestions are welcome.  More details to follow as things firm up.

Additionally, for the non VROCers that normally join us (you may or may not
know who you are - if you don't know what VROC is, you are "them!") there is
a real nice run from Portland, PA to Hancock, PA up route 97 (NICE!) on
5/21.  It will include the portion of 97 known as Hawk's Nest and will be a
blast.  I will meet folks at the Dunkin' Donuts in Cedar Grove on Route 23 /
Pompton Avenue (mile marker 1 or 2).  I'll be there at 8:00 AM and we will
depart at 8:30 AM for Portland, PA.  GC may meet people at the Summit Train
Station.  If you would rather meet there, let me know via eMail and I'll put
you in touch with him.

Joe in Northern, NJ
V#8013 '86 VN750

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8
http://www.youthelate.com

Young Life?  eMail me!

Born once - Die twice.   Born twice - Die only once.  Your choice...