[enjoyLIFErides] UPDATE: The Ride 2005 - July 30

Enjoyliferides at yunx.com Enjoyliferides at yunx.com
Mon Jul 4 22:09:04 CDT 2005

Before I say anything else, we hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

Help us spread the word please.  Forward this eMail to a few friends.
Everyone knows a biker these days!!!

I'm copying a few groups that we know are either attending The Ride 2005 or
showed interest.  This message is a quick update for The Ride 2005 being
held on July 30th.  See www.youthelate.com for full details or feel free to
eMail theride2005 at youthelate.com with any questions.  Alternately, you can
call (973) 571-1456 (24/7) and leave a message.  We are less than a month
away and things are starting to heat up quite nicely!

This morning, the roads were wide open as a few of us previewed and fully
"tested" two of the route choices for The Ride 2005. It was most enjoyable!
I'm borrowing someone else's motorcycle right now and an added bonus was
that he has heated grips.  Seeing as it was in the mid to high 50's when we
left at 7 AM, I used them!  This is the month of July, right?!?

Here is where The Ride 2005 stands as of today.  We have heard back from a
good number of clubs who will be attending this year's event.  Most are
meeting us at the launch point in Sussex, NJ.  Some are simply meeting us at
the lunch destination in Belvidere, NJ and planning their own ride routes.
We all think that is a great idea for those that are too far away to join us
initially.  We suggest that your groups send us your meeting and/or route
plans and we will gladly publicize them in future eMails and on the web site
that way people from your area can feel free to join you or come up and
start off with us.  We are also receiving a good exposure from our event
listing on a lot of web sites and the July issues of Backroads and E. Penn
Biker Magazine.  (www.backroadsusa.com and www.epennbiker.com)

As you may already know, this year's event will offer a number of great
riding options. Self guided routes will be offered at registration starting
at 9:00 AM and we will have a "guided tour" departing a bit later on.   Here
are the details for the main "guided tour" group as well as our starting and
destination location:

START:
Sussex Motorsports Facility
(Yamaha / Suzuki dealership)
446 Route 23 South
Sussex, NJ  07461

END / LUNCH:
Luigi's Rancho Restaurant
480 Highway 46 West
Belvidere, NJ  07823-2650

The guided tour route is around 50 miles...  Give or take a few...  Really
nice roads including some minor in-town riding on 519 South.  Those areas
are good for bladder and gas tank breaks for the coffee drinkers and small
gas tank folk.  The "guided tour" group will be nice and relaxed.  Not so
fast that the newer riders are in danger yet not so slow that the cars
behind us try to pass.  <grin>  Just fast enough to allow everyone to enjoy
the great roads and scenery.  We will, of course offer information at
registration on where the group is headed in case some folks want to take
the direct route themselves.  We all know you sport bike riders will want to
enjoy 519 safely, but at a faster pace than the custom chopper guys.  <grin>

I'm happy to announce that we have received some great sponsorship items
this year.  So far we have items and services donated by the following:

Kawasaki Global / Riders of Kawasaki - www.kawasaki.com
N.J. Highlanders Motorcycle Club - (973) 835-2456 and (973) 835-5043
Newark Bears Baseball Team - www.newarkbears.com
Hot Dog Johnnys - www.hotdogjohnny.com
DARE - www.dare.com
Bangkok Kitchen - (973) 618-9975 (The promoter's favorite restaurant!)
Blue Bird School Bus Company - www.blue-bird.com
Captain Tom, professional impersonator (pending)

And more...  Details to be eMailed later and posted at our web site.  See
www.youthelate.com for some pictures and additional details.

If anyone out there has a business that would like to support The Ride 2005
or our year-long efforts to raise scholarship funds for teens in the
Metropolitan NY area, please contact us.  We are scratching our heads and
would like to know where all the major motorcycle manufacturers are?!?  It
seems Kawasaki is the only one who responds yearly and we are incredibly
grateful to them for it!  We would love more raffle items and door prizes so
that our participants have a better time and we raise more scholarship
funding.  No gift is too large (or too small for that matter) so feel free
to contact us today! Both Joe and Dan (the two main promoters/organizers of
The Ride) are active youth leaders in Metro NY and have a good feel of what
groups and/or teens can use these funds.  It never goes to waste and the
need is always much greater than the supply.  Thank you ALL for helping as
much as you do already.

We are also looking for one or two volunteers who can drive 4 wheeled
vehicles (otherwise known as cages!) on the day of the event.  We need to
transport all this stuff that has been donated as well as some small
organizational items from the launch point to the lunch point.  You will not
only have a great time, but you will also earn yourself a free meal.  If you
don't want the food, I will gladly eat it.  <grin>

On another note...  Pun fully intended...  We are very close to finalizing
the booking of a live band for The Ride 2006.  Unfortunately, they cannot
make it to this year's event so if you know of a talented band that would
like to join us in July, please have them contact us ASAP!

That is all for now.  See you on the 30th!

Regards,
Joe

http://www.youthelate.com

Also see http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8 for a year long group riding option and
details about the Cedar Grove, NJ bike night.

The Ride, Youthelate and The Gathering Christian Fellowship are
not-for-profit.  A suggested donation of $15 per vehicle is suggested but
not necessary for you and your friends / family to attend.  100% of the
funds collected help send needy teens to camp when they or their families
cannot afford to do so themselves.  Please join us July 30th and spread the
word! The Ride is a family friendly event and all are welcome.