[enjoyLIFErides] Saturday, November 26th... NJ Area

Enjoy LIFE. Ride with us. Based out of Cedar Grove, NJ but have bike, will travel! Enjoyliferides at yunx.com
Mon Nov 7 18:30:19 CST 2005

It has been a while since I sent out a ride invite...  Life has been fairly
busy...  no...  Make that outlandishly hectic for me lately.  I didn't plan
on organizing another Enjoy Life ride until mid-winter but have been
inspired to do something special.  As many of you know, a riding buddy, and
more importantly, a friend of mine was involved in a motorcycle accident
back in May while riding down in VA on his Vulcan 750.  I posted some info
out to folks at that time asking for support for him while in a VA hospital,
prayers, etc.

I wanted to send a quick update out to everyone about his condition and what
we are doing to support him.  Here is the information we are circulating
locally:

On May 13, 2005, Steve Furtenbacher was involved in a serious motorcycle
accident  As he continues to spend time in Kessler recuperating from his
serious injuries, he is expected to re-join his family in their home in the
fall, but not before the home is specially modified for him and his needs.
Some of this work has already begun while other steps are yet to be
completed.  Being a dedicated husband, father, and friend, Steve has
dedicated his time and efforts to many activities and events.  He has given
so much that we feel it is time to give back and help him and his family
during this unfortunate time.

On Saturday, November 26, 2005, we are planning a fundraiser and dinner
event to help his family through these difficult financial times.  We invite
you and/or your family to attend the event.and dinner at the Il Tulipano
(http://www.tulipano.com/) located at 1131 Pompton Avenue in Cedar Grove, NJ
(07009).  Proceeds will be forwarded to the "Employee Relief Furtenbacher
Fund."

Come and enjoy our DJ as he entertains us throughout the evening.  Purchase
tickets to win a variety of prizes of your choice during our "Tricky Tray"
raffle, and silent auction.  Face painting for our children will be provided
throughout the evening as well as a make-your-own sundae bar.  Prices are
$65 per person.  Those under 5 years old are free.

On Saturday, November 26, 2005, friends, families and supporters will bond
together to help Steve and Danielle as well as their daughter Christine.  I
am hopeful to see all our friends and families as we together make this a
successful event.  The event will take place from 5:00 - 9:00 PM and dinner
will be served.  It will be business casual attire for adults and casual for
children.  No jeans please.

Thank you.  If you would like to attend, please do the following:

Name(s) of adults attending:
Address:
Phone number:
Name(s) of children attending and their age:
Price: $65 for anyone over the age of 4.  Under 5 are admitted free.
Checks should be payable to "Employee Relief Furtenbacher Fund"
SEND YOUR REGISTRATION TO:
Tim Smith
436 Fairview Avenue
Cedar Grove, NJ  07009
Questions - Call Tim Smith at 973-857-5072  -  Tables can be reserved for 10
as well.

For those of you who cannot attend but would like to provide support, I am
organizing an informal ride around the area on September 26.  I will be
departing from the CVS on Route 23 in Cedar Grove (across the street from
Dunkin Donuts at mile marker 2 or so) at 11:00 AM.  We will take a leisurely
ride through different areas and wind up back in Cedar Grove around 3 PM.
Lunch will be at a TBD location somewhere along the route - probably in
Somerset County and probably a sandwich shop.  I will be collecting
donations from anyone who wants to participate anytime during the day.  For
those of you who want to ride and attend the evening's event, e-mail me
direct.  For those of you who would like to make a donation, you can mail it
(payable to "Employee Relief Furtenbacher Fund") to me at:

Joe Agro
123 Winding Way
Cedar Grove, NJ 07009

I will hand deliver whatever donations are made to the event and present it
to the organizers on behalf of those riders who want to support the
Furtenbacher family.

Joe in Northern, NJ  -  V#8013-R

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8